Tonight I got inspired by fresh pineapple. I love pineapple, but my husband is not a fan...so I set out to convert him. It worked!
This is a very easy to make dish that doesn't take long at all.
What you need:
2 Boneless Pork Cutlets, trimmed
1/2 a Fresh pineapple, cored and sliced no thicker than 1/2"
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 tablespoons butter
Teriyaki marinade
Salt
Olive oil
Vegetable stock
At least an hour in advance, up to 24 hours, place your trimmed pork cutlets in a glass dish an marinate in a teriyaki marinade of your choice. We like Lawry's Teriyaki Marinade with Pineapple juice.
Heat a stainless sauté pan and melt butter. Once bubbling add pineapple. Sprinkle brown sugar and a pinch of salt over top. Reduce heat to medium high. Sauté 3-4 minutes, basting with the sauce as you go. Flip and repeat. Once caramelized, reduce to low until ready to serve. (Note: make extra...you'll want it on ice cream later with chopped cashews :))
Heat an additional skillet with olive oil, add your cutlets. Brown 4-5 minutes. Flip and Brown other side 3 minutes. Add your pineapples to the top of your pork and add a splash of vegetable stock (or water or other stock...or pineapple juice) and cover for 3-4 minutes or until pork is cooked to your liking. ( you could add the syrup as well but I thought it might be too much, I reserved mine for carrots another night)
I served with steamed asparagus and veggie quinoa. Super Yummy! Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment