So to follow up from my last post, the small addition of gluten definitely aggravated my gallbladder. The next morning I had terrible pain in my lower back and was very uncomfortable. It is crazy to think that such a small amount could affect your body in such a way!
I didn't log what we ate on Saturday, the weekend was quite busy. This weekend I made a gluten and dairy free feast for my husband's family. Below is my menu and a few recipes, all turned out yummy!
Day 6
Daytime food not logged, I do know we didn't stray and I remember dinner.
Dinner
3 egg frittata with onion, mushroom, spinach, and herbs
Oven roasted potato
1/2 apple
1/2 orange
Oj
Day 7
100 ounces water
No breakfast
Snack
Apple
No lunch
Appetizers
Shrimp cocktail
Spinach and artichoke hummus with multigrain gf chips and carrot chips
1/2 glass of wine
Dinner
Citrus glazed chicken
Crushed orange potatoes(substituted Earth's Balance Whipped Organic Butterlike Spread)
Roasted Carrots and Green beans
Red Quinoa and Edamame Salad
Garden Salad with beets and walnuts with GF Citrus dressing
Quinoa salad with thyme roasted grapes and roasted Spinach
Dessert
Almond Milk chocolate ice cream with a banana and blueberries.
Recipe links below. I made a few adjustments to these here and there, but mostly followed these guidelines.
http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/kays-citrus-chicken
http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/crash-hot-orange-potatoes
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/the-best-whole-baked-carrots
No comments:
Post a Comment