Friday, January 25, 2013

Detox Days 11 & 12

Day 11, so far so good. We have increased our fruit and veggie intake by at least double, tripled our water intake, and eliminated all gluten and dairy. We are remember to take all of our supplements, with the exception of the probiotics post meal. Over all I feel great!

Today I chased my 15 month old around an indoor playground for 2 hours and for once she was ready to drop before I was!

"Detoxing the body, is like detoxing the soul" ...unknown (I am sure someone has said that right? I feel great!

So great in fact that Mother Nature decided to bless this nursing mother with her womanly gift, after a 2 year hiatus (almost to the day!) lucky me!

Day 11

Water 100 ounces
Breakfast

1/2 banana
1/2 cup cherries, grapes, blueberries
2 egg frittata with caramelized purple onion, mushrooms, spinach, and potato

Lunch
Whole Food lunch stop
Veggies, chilli on 1/2 taco shell, chicken, plantains
GF chocolate chip cookie

Dinner
Brown rice
White beans
1/2 chicken breast
1 cup left over chicken veggie soup

Snack
1/2 gluten free apple tart


Day 12

Well I can honestly say that I feel like a teenager again, not in a great way either! I woke up feeling cramps and aches in my belly and back, sore throat and swollen glands. Weighed myself this morning and I am down 7 pounds in 12 days, not bad. My hubby is down over 10 in 12 days. I'm jealous of the male metabolism :)

Needless to say today was a couch and movie kind of day! Oh, and a cheat night! Joanne told me to ask my body what it needed, then eat it. Today it wanted a burger!

Water 60 ounces
3 glasses of hot lemon with honey

Breakfast
1/2 banana
1/2 cup homemade granola

Snack
Orange
1/4 cup hummus with carrots
Apple

Lunch
2 burger patties with cheese (I was very hungry...and I needed the cheese...no bun)
Sautéed mushrooms and onions
French fries with chili (it took a lot to skip the cheese here!)

Snack
6 wings

So I fell off the wagon today by 2 slices of cheese and some red meat. I took my probiotics after I stuffed myself, and I don't feel too bad, yet. Back to the grind tomorrow! Hopefully this sore throat goes away too!

No comments:

Post a Comment