Saturday, January 26, 2013

Detox Day 13

I totally expected to wake up this morning and feel like crap from cheating Friday night. I was pleasantly surprised when I felt great, despite the slight sore throat and nasal drip I still have. Since dairy is what I am missing the most, I am glad it doesn't seem to have an effect on my body like gluten does. Gluten is the devil, I've decided :)

Today was a busy day, so our meals were more like snacks until we had time to sit and take a minute at dinner time. I don't mind that so much, now that we've cut out the bad foods we used to turn to prior to this cleanse. To tell the truth, I honestly don't miss it! I do however hate the extra effort it takes in either planning or obtaining these healthier snack and food items. Eating right should be as easy as fast food, why isn't it? I don't understand!

I am a proud lover of chocolate! It makes everything better, but since I have been eating primarily dark chocolate, I hate commercial chocolate now! Tonight while getting gas I grabbed a Hershey's bar. I ate one piece and it was gross! Too sweet! Grainy! Not satisfying at all!

I doubt that I will be giving up white chocolate anytime soon, I die for white chocolate, but milk chocolate is out! It is dark chocolate around here from now on! Woohoo!

It's amazing how good the foods that are GOOD for you really taste after you cleanse your system of the crap you have been poisoning yourself with. I honestly believe it is mind over matter for us. I have to tell myself why I shouldn't eat something so I won't eat it. I need to teach myself to feel how food makes me feel, that we eat for substance not enjoyment. I have a beautiful, healthy baby girl and a loving husband and they are my new source of enjoyment, I vow to reward myself with experiences with them, not with food. It will be a difficult change, but I can do it...and so can you!

Water about 80 ounces

Breakfast
1/2 banana
1/2 cup granola

Lunch
Slices of ham, turkey, and pepperoni
Sweet potato and Beet chips

Dinner
Salmon and avocado roll
Spicy tuna roll
Chicken satay with peanut sauce
Split order of pad Thai with hubby

Snack
1 piece of chocolate bar

No comments:

Post a Comment