One of our family goals of 2013 is to become healthier and more active. Our first step we took a few months back by eliminating processed foods and fast food. We committed to only having "take out" twice a month, and never buy anything that had more than 5 ingredients unless the ingredients were all "real foods". I have to thank the blog http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/ for the inspiration!
Our next step is a detox. The holidays always bring a lot of sugar and more food splurges then we typically enjoy. With the help of Joanne Romanelli at Getting Real Health (http://www.gettingrealhealth.com/) my husband and I embark on our 21 day cleanse.
Joanne tailored a cleanse to our needs, I am a nursing mother of a toddler and my husband has a few health concerns to keep in mind. Our cleanse basically consists of a gluten, dairy free diet with lean meats and lots of fruits and veggies.
I will be journeying our experiences on this blog, sharing recipes and tip and tricks I discover along the way. I am excited to detox my body and gain more energy so that I can move on to the next goal...be more active!
Day 1... Not so bad! The biggest challenge is drinking 1/2 my weight in ounces of water...today 60 ounces total...and no I don't weigh 120 pounds!
Breakfast
Daily supplements and vitamins
Banana
Snack
2 hard boiled eggs
Lunch
Salad of fresh tomato and spinach with almonds and a splash of Italian dressing
Snack
1/2 apple
Dinner
Lemon, garlic chicken with capers and onions
Sautéed Brussels sprouts and carrots in coconut oil
1/2 baked sweet potato with cinnamon
Snack
1/2 cup coconut frozen non dairy ice cream
Strawberries
Over all, I think today was a success. I miss cheese and I must drink more water!
Just keep repeating to myself I want to be healthy so that I can be more active with my beautiful daughter. She is my anchor. I don't want to be the mom that sit and watches her play, I wanna play too!
No comments:
Post a Comment