Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Detox Days 8, 9, 10

I am falling behind on blogging, sorry about that! Life has been crazy!

I am definitely feeling more energy and I am really considering eliminating 95% of the gluten from our diet.

Dairy is another story! I miss you cheese, and Super Bowl Sunday you will be honored!

Our menus this week have been unexciting as we had a lot of left overs from the weekend. Tonight was the first night that I made dinner, a veggie pad thai...it rocked!

I did venture into our local gluten free cafe today while running errands, Naturally Free Foods in Smithtown. What a great place! You can shop and eat home cooked Gluten, Dairy, and egg free foods all in one place! The only con I found was it was very pricy!

http://m.naturallyfreefood.com/

I purchased a 5 pound bag of gluten free all purpose flour, it was $24.99! After doing some research, I could have bought the same bag at the company's website for $14.99. I like to support small business, but I will be ordering future purchases online! There were other brands to choose from, but I am following a recipe for gluten free soft pretzels from this brand so I didn't want to mess around on my first gluten free experiment.

I will let you know how they come out!

Until then....have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment