Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Detox Day 3 of 21

Today I came to realize something I have always known but denied, I am an emotional eater! I use food to make me feel better.

Today was stressful, my daughter (15 months) needed to have blood work done for her 1 year check up, to rule out anemia, and to see if we can get to the bottom of a recurring rash. It was awful!

Her veins, like mine and my grandmother's are super tiny and hard to find, that coupled with the only liquid intake she has is breast milk (they claim she wasn't hydrated enough), made the venture very difficult. After several attempts to find a vein, the tech poked my baby and she was not happy. Her moving caused the tech to lose the vein and she tried to find it, with no luck. My heart is broken that I have to put her through this again.

Upon leaving the lab, we promised her chicken noodle soup, her fav, from our local diner. She fell asleep in route, so she never got her soup, but it did alert me to the fact that I am starting off on the wrong foot with food relationships with her. Food shouldn't be a reward, it should be a necessity. Sure everyone deserves a splurge every now and then, but not as often as we do.

I vow to make a change in my life so her life will be better, hence the detox! The second step to a healthier mommy and daddy!

Day 3

40 ounces Water...I got worse, not better! Tomorrow I will be better, I promise.

Breakfast
1 hard boiled egg
1/2 banana

Snack
Dark chocolate edamame

Lunch
5 slices turkey
1/4 cup strawberries

Snack
Dark chocolate and peanut butter

(don't judge, it was a rough day)

Dinner
1/2 apple
1/2 orange
Quesadilla on a brown rice tortilla with quinoa, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, refried beans and green chilies


Dinner was WAY better than I expected it! Here is the recipe...give it a try!

Brown Rice wrap, cut in half
Earths balance whipped organic spread
Refried beans with green chilies
Cooked quinoa
Chopped mushrooms and onions
Olive oil
Chopped broccoli and cauliflower

Sauté chopped veggies in oil until just tender, add beans and stir. Cook until beans start to brown a little.

Spread a small amount of Earth Balance spread on one side of brown rice tortilla and place in a hot non stick pan. Top with bean mixture, pat down until even, add quinoa and press into beans. Place other half of wrap on top. Brown, flip carefully, repeat. Slice into 3 wedges and enjoy!

So yummy, doesn't look great though!


No comments:

Post a Comment