Friday, November 23, 2012

Things never turn out how I expect...

As you already know our thanksgiving holiday didn't start out as planned, and it followed that course or so it would seem.

Dinner was okay, the stuffing could have been better and the broccoli casserole was just ok. Football started out great and by the night game was boring. As for the rest of it...

I had great plans of sitting by the fireplace snuggling with my husband, my daughter asleep by my side... Didn't happen... Sleep patterns totally thrown off and the fireplace was a fake, plastic logs with a light under it!

I thought a short hike down a trail with my daughter wondering in front, steep hills and warnings about wildlife changed
our minds.

Indoor heated pools for her to play in and wear her out... Over chlorinated and mobbed by middle schoolers.

Playgrounds that Grampa could chase after her in the sunshine... Turned out to be Harley Davidson dealerships and dancing to AC DC at a sports bar.

While it was great seeing my Dad and watching him play with my daughter was wonderful, what I have learned from this is that you can't set your expectations too high when you have a toddler. Just getting through nap time and bed time in a strange place is a big accomplishment.

Get away over, back to reality and some sense of a regular schedule, oh how I miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment