Well I believe the worst of the beating is over, now we just wait for the tides to come and go, and repeat. As we sit here watching the news part of me can't help but wonder, "Is Long Island the best place to live?"
It is no secret that Long Island is a pain in the ass to travel on or in and out of, but add severe weather of any kind and the hassle triples ten fold.
So as we watch the tunnels in NYC flood in the dark (see picture below... Photo credit unknown), the bridges close, the subways flood, and our escape routes close, I have to wonder, "time to move or am I just over reacting?"
I guess only time will tell, for now I snuggle close to my hubby and my peanut and count my blessings that we are safe and sound in our dry home... for now anyway.
I pray that my friends and family can say the same.

No comments:
Post a Comment