I COOKED!!! All day!!!
I made Red Beans with Turkey Sausage and Chicken over Rice, Butternut Squash Soup, Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes with a Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.

The Red Beans and Rice is one of several starter pouches I bought at the Shreveport,La farmer's market in July. It was by far the best one so far (only the gumbo is left to be made.) I did a few things different, I soaked the dry beans overnight, sautéed onion and peppers (1/2 of a red,yellow,and orange), and added sautéed chicken and turkey sausage. If interested you can purchase the pouches here:
http://m.soumasheritagecreole.com/Products.html

Next I made the easiest Butternut Squash Soup courtesy of 100 Days of Real Food. I pretty much followed this recipe word for word, except I added a touch of cream at the very end.Yum!
(http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/10/03/recipe-butternut-squash-soup/)
I'm so glad Michelle turned me on to this blog. I read the 100 days on a budget blog and it was just the push I needed to feed my family better. If you haven't already, check it out. We all need to take a stand against processed junk that is ruining our bodies!
Finally, I made a dozen cupcakes as a trial run for my daughter's fast approaching first birthday. Oh my are they good! Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes with a lightly sweetened Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting (tinted purple with Blueberry All Fruit Spread).
http://www.annies-eats.com/2011/05/06/lemon-blueberry-cupcakes/
Cooking relieves my stress, relaxes me, and that in turn makes my family very happy (the full bellies don't hurt either).
So with Dinner made for the week, a clean kitchen, and my peanut's birthday coming together, I'm calling it a night, a good one at that!
No comments:
Post a Comment