Two sips is our new nickname for our daughter. Recently she has developed this habit of eating or drinking everything in sight, with the exception of the last two sips.
It is highly frustrating! You can give her one of her favorites and she will gobble it up, checking through to see how much is left. Once there is only two bites left, she gives you the sign for done. She will them move on to something else, but very rarely back to those last two sips.
I think she thinks its funny. We laugh about it now. Every time the old saying our parents used comes to mind, "Their are starving children out there who would love to have these two sips, finish your dinner." We don't say it to her, but I giggle when I think of it.
I am blessed to have a great eater. My daughter loves fresh fruit and veggies, chicken and fish, cheese and yogurt. Most of the time she will eat whatever you give her and she is always looking to try what we have, if its different.
So if she wants to leave two sips behind, I suppose it's ok... But it still frustrates me!
No comments:
Post a Comment