Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tomato Soup

When I was younger I would spend part of the Christmas holidays at my Mom's house in Pennsylvania. Almost every year, she would make us grilled cheese sandwiches (always warm and gooey) and a hot bowl of tomato soup (she always put a pat of butter in it) for lunch. It is one of my favorite childhood memories.

I would try and replicate this meal after I returned home to Louisiana, and it never came out the same. Even now, it is warming and always makes me smile when I have it--but it's not lunch with Mom.

I rarely make it, for several reasons:

1. as my husband hates tomato soup, it requires two soups to be heated

2. I use whole grain bread instead of white bread...enough said!

3. It's just not as good at my house :)

Thanks Mom, for making a great lunch and such a sweet memory. I only hope I can make memories that warm the heart for my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment