This has been the worst week thus far in my parenting journey. On Monday my precious peanut went for her routine monthly well visit (we started vaccinations at 6 months, so now we go monthly and get a shot and check up) and round 2 of her DTap shot.
Things went great at the doctor, Dr. Kate is the best, we got her new stats 10.5 months old, 20.3 lbs, and 30 inches long. It's official I'm raising the baby version of the jolly green giant! :)
She got her shot, we nursed, and we were in our way home. Tuesday morning we awoke to a cranky, feverish little monster. (who can blame her really, probably scared out of her little mind!) we started Motrin that day and rode it out. Was it the shot? Is it that her top 2 teeth just broke threw? (so far all our teeth come in pairs, so cute!) is she coming down with something? Allergies?
We went back and forth via text with Dr. Kate and settled on Wednesday evening, after almost 36 hours of fever-no fever-fever, that we would bring her into the office Thursday.
The girls at Dr. Kate's office are always do happy to see my little angel, but she wasn't her normal smiley self Thursday. She spent the visit with her head tucked into my chest, snuggling tightly to me. Dr. Kate recommended if the fever come back we start antibiotics, ugh! My worst fear! I am already giving her more Motrin than I would like to at this age and now more drugs!
Natural momma aside, I want my baby to feel better NOW! I want my happy, healthy girl back please!!! So I fill the Rx just in case.
Later that night, the mean fever monster comes back (b@st@rd!) and we start the meds and head to bed, the first full nights sleep we have gotten all week.
Friday morning comes and I think,"Yeah!, surely she will be 90% better", but no! Fever still there and the cranky monster has still taken hold over my happy princess.
We spent the day running errands and getting some air, and napping in the car, which seemed to help. Finally at about 3:00 we tried Tylenol instead of Motrin. I think that did it! About an hour later, a gallon of sweat and 3 incredibly messy (I'll spare you the details) diapers later, the fever broke!
So excited! Happy baby back, tottling around celebrating and BAM! falls and hits her cheekbone on her push toy! REALLY! The universe hates us, I'm sure of it now.
So now as we head to bed, her body temp and feel of her skin feels "right" for the first time all week, and we have a puffy, red boxer's eye to close out our first adventure into the land of the sick.
Hopefully tomorrow morning will bring a sunny day and a happy, healthy baby. Lord hear my prayer!

No comments:
Post a Comment