Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The effect you have on children...

I like to think of myself as easy going, well as easy going as a control freak can be ;)

Today, however, I was not relaxed and calm because a stranger lost their patience with my peanut... Because she wouldn't be still!! During our photo session the photographer got louder and more impatient every time our new walker wanted to approach the camera or reach for the toy she was shaking at her.

I became more and more irritated after we left, how dare she! Don't you do this for a living daily? Do you not work with 12 month old children on a regular basis? How many children have you photographed that when a new toy is waived in front of them, DON'T approach the toy?

Needless to say, none of the photos taken today were our idea of masterpieces, yes our princess looks adorable in them but her face is sad and confused.

Upon completion of the shoot, the photographer was visibly offended that we did not like the pictures, and shocked that we didn't even have an interest in the free sheet we were entitled to. Why do I want to remember this day? The day my daughter was tempted/teased and yelled at to the point of a tired sadness, I'd like to forget it ever happened, not commemorate it!

Let me also say, we have used this photographer in the past and been happy with the outcome. Maybe she was having a bad day, extremely hungry for her approaching lunch, or some other reason, but her treatment of a child was inexcusable.

I did learn a valuable lesson today, this will NOT happen again. In the future, I will handle the situation differently. I will stop the act the moment it starts and remind the offender that my daughter, no matter her age, deserves your respect and guidance and if you can not give it to her we will be happy to remove ourselves from your presence.

The picture below is the best shot of the day, the only smile we got... Along with a cheap, crooked plastic #1...why wouldn't anyone want 1,000s of these? Lets all cross our fingers that our redo appointment, at another studio, goes much better!

Remember folks, just because the little peanuts of the world can't respond verbally to you just yet doesn't mean you can't hurt their feelings or cause a change in their mood. They are human too and feed off of the emotion that you show them, so lets show them love and patience and you will be surprised how they respond to you.

PS. Thank you to my loving husband who made my night all better with brownies and chocolate donuts :)

Tomorrow is another day, extra veggies for me please ;)

1 comment:

  1. I do love the pic though. But get why you wouldnt want it. Avery and Dom have their session 10/20

    ReplyDelete